Terms & Conditions
By placing an order with Song Printing & Design, you agree to be bound by the following terms and conditions. Please make sure you have read all of the policies below and terms before placing an order. Song Printing & Design is not responsible if your order does not meet these terms and conditions.
- Song Printing & Design’s standard full color cardstock products are produced on 16 point coated stock when ordered. This includes business cards, postcards, bookmarks, rackcards, and doorhangers. 14 point coated stock may be substituted at our discretion.
- Song Printing & Design’s standard full color text products, including brochures and flyers, are produced on 100 lb. coated text. Letterhead and envelopes are printed either on 24# or 70# uncoated text and will be at the discretion of Song Printing & Design unless specifically requested otherwise.
- If there is a custom size that you need for any of our products that you do not see specifically listed on our website, we CAN print any custom size for you. Please click here for a custom quote.
Proof Approval Terms
- Approval of provided proofs is your responsibility. Once we receive your explicit written approval, the job will be sent to production.
- Please check all information carefully, paying special attention to numbers. You are responsible for the accuracy of all information including spelling, omissions, and any other type of mistakes. Provided samples that require reproducing do not override or absolve you from proofing the attached soft proof. We claim no responsibility for correcting mistakes once approved.
- All digital proofs remain the property of SONG Printing & Design. Any unauthorized use of these files is prohibited, including, but not limited to use by another printing company or publication without the express written consent of the SONG Printing & Design.
- Please note, that computer screen settings may affect how image quality and colors are shown and should not be judged as an exact representation of the final printed product.
Production and Turnaround
- Posted turnaround times begin only after an order has been “APPROVED”. Orders with uploaded files are considered “APPROVED” and are sent directly into production – provided files have been correctly submitted and payment terms have been satisfied. Orders and reorders from client portals that Song Printing & Design holds the artwork for, and do not require changes, are not subject to proofing.
- ALL TURNAROUND TIMES ARE MEASURED IN BUSINESS DAYS. SATURDAY, SUNDAY, AND ANY OBSERVED HOLIDAYS DURING WHICH WE ARE CLOSED WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED PRODUCTION DAYS.
- After the initial order is placed and your files have been successfully uploaded or emailed, Song Printing & Design will review your files at no charge. Song Printing & Design will only check your files for items that would prevent the job from being printed such as resolution, color mode, and missing fonts and images. Song Printing & Design will not render any opinions regarding the artistic quality of the job (for example does the job look good, are the colors used clashing with each other, is type too big or too small, etc.). If job passes printing pre-flight, an online proof will be generated (if deemed appropriate) and an email will be sent to you directing you where to go and view your proof. If the proof is acceptable, customer must approve (in writing). Once approved, the job will be sent to production. Note: final approval is the responsibility of the customer. Song Printing & Design cannot be held responsible for approved jobs that customer subsequently deems unacceptable or erroneous.
- Payment is generally required upon approval and commencement of production unless customer has a payment term agreement with Song Printing & Design. Once approved Song Printing & Design cannot accept any cancellations. There are also no refunds or returns after this point.
- Files are checked on a first come first served basis. Please note that it can take several hours before your files are checked. You will then receive an e-mail whether there is a problem with your order. If your files are set up correctly you will receive an e-mail with a link to your on-line proofs.
- Please note that your monitor’s calibration affects what you see on your screen. The colors on the printed cards may differ from what you see on your screen. These proofs are meant only as a rough draft of the final printed piece. If your job is color critical, we suggest that you purchase a hard copy color proof. There may be an additional charge for this service. Song Printing & Design does not guarantee color matching.
- Although we rarely miss production schedules, the printing and pre-press process involves equipment which is subject to malfunctions and/or equipment failure. We will always do everything in our power to make sure that any production problems do not delay your job. However, please note that ALL production and delivery times ARE NOT CONTRACTUAL and no turnaround time can be guaranteed. No verbal or written correspondence by anyone at Song Printing & Design can change that. Please try to plan date sensitive materials in a timely manner.
- Make sure you have read any information regarding file set up before uploading your files. ALL files must have an 1/8″ bleed all around. A $15 fee will be charged to create a bleed if it has not been incorporated in your files.
- Critical type or images must be at least 1/8″ from the edge. SONG PRINTING & DESIGN is not responsible for type, art or images that are cut off if these guidelines are not followed. Furthermore, it is strongly suggested that you do not use a thin border as this may cause an uneven frame. If you desire to have a border, it should be at least 1/4″ thick.
- Files that do not follow the instructions provided will delay your job and may incur extra charges. If you employ the services of a third party designer make sure that all file submission specifications are understood and followed.
- In the unlikely event that an error has occurred during the production of a particular job, Song Printing & Design must be promptly notified of the problem. A determination will then be made by Song Printing & Design whether the defect is of such nature as to qualify for a discount, re-print, or refund. There will be no discounts, refunds or re-prints if Song Printing & Design is not notified of such defect within 15 days of the customer’s receipt of the job.
PLEASE NOTE THAT IN ORDER TO RECEIVE A REFUND OR FREE REPRINT THE ORIGINAL JOB MUST BE RETURNED SO THAT THE NATURE OF THE DEFECT CAN BE VERIFIED.
- We accept cash, money orders, certified/bank checks, Visa, Mastercard, and Amex.
- Once an order has been “APPROVED” by the customer either verbally or in writing, and has entered the production cycle, refunds are no longer possible.
- Although Song Printing & Design does archive files for re-orders, please retain a back-up copy of your artwork. Song Printing & Design DOES NOT guarantee that all submitted files will be saved.
- Disclaimer of Express Warranties: Song Printing & Design warrants that the work is as described in the purchase order. The customer understands that all sketches, copy, dummies, and preparatory work shown to the customer are intended only to illustrate the general type and quality of the work. They are not intended to represent the actual work performed.
- Disclaimer of Implied Warranties: Song Printing & Design warrants only that the work will conform to the description contained in the purchase order. Song Printing & Design’s maximum liability, whether by negligence, contract, or otherwise, will not exceed the return of the amount invoiced for the work in dispute. Under no circumstances will Song Printing & Design be liable for specific, individual, or consequential damages.
- Customers must notify Song Printing & Design within 15 days of order delivery to report any defects discovered in the ordered product. 100% of the product must be returned to Song Printing & Design at the customer’s expense. Should the claim be approved by Song Printing & Design, a refund will be issued, or a reprint at no cost will be shipped to the customer using the original shipping method. All complaints must be originated with an email.
- The customer agrees to protect Song Printing & Design from economic loss and any other harmful consequences that could arise in connection with the work. This means that the customer will hold Song Printing & Design harmless and save, indemnify, and otherwise defend him/her against claims, demands, actions, and proceedings on any and all grounds. This will apply regardless of responsibility for negligence.
- Copyrights: The customer also warrants that the subject matter to be printed is not copyrighted by a third party. The customer also recognizes that because subject matter does not have to bear a copyright notice in order to be protected by copyright law, absence of such notice does not necessarily assure a right to reproduce. The customer further warrants that no copyright notice has been removed from any material used in preparing the subject matter for reproduction. To support these warranties, the customer agrees to indemnify and hold Song Printing & Design harmless for all liability, damages, and attorney fees that may be incurred in any legal action connected with copyright infringement involving the work produced or provided.
- Personal or economic rights: The customer also warrants that the work does not contain anything that is libelous or scandalous, or anything that threatens anyone’s right to privacy or other personal or economic rights. The customer will, at the customer’s sole expense, promptly and thoroughly defend Song Printing & Design in all legal actions on these grounds as long as Song Printing & Design promptly notifies the customer of the legal action and gives the customer reasonable time to undertake and conduct a defense. Song Printing & Design reserves the right to use his or her sole discretion in refusing to print anything he or she deems illegal, libelous, scandalous, improper or infringing upon copyright law.
- All orders are subject to sales tax unless indicated otherwise. If customer is tax exempt, an exemption certificate must be emailed or faxed to us with the first job. If no tax exemption certificate is received, sales tax will be charged at the standard rate.